The HCT Central Services Division comprises various departments including those of Facilities; Finance & Budget; Human Resources; Information Technology Services; Procurement and Contracts; and Student Services.
The Facilities Department is responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing facilities projects, as well as implementing and supervising new facilities, throughout the HCT system. In addition it also undertakes the preparation, maintenance and supervision of the following:
- Institutional Master Plan development
- Feasibility studies for all campus developments
- Initiating energy conservation and sustainable design to enhance the HCT system’s efficiency
- Technical support to campus facilities
- Validating the system performance and preparing a replacement strategy
- Supporting HCT events and career exhibitions
- Auditing of and assisting with Health and Safety procedures and processes in all HCT campuses
Finance and Budget
The Finance and Budget Department provides a number of essential financial and accounting services to the HCT system including:
- Financial reporting
- Maintaining general ledger accounts
- Processing payment of goods and services purchased by or on behalf of HCT
- Receipting and recording of all revenues
- Maintaining cash management and banking relationships
- Controlling of all fixed assets
The Human Resources Department plays a strategic role in providing Human Resources (HR) services in accordance with the HCT strategic plan.
The Department is responsible for the following roles:
- Manpower planning and budgeting
- Talent acquisition
- Emiratisation initiatives
- Compensation and benefits
- Performance Management
- Research, development and interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedure
- Training & Development
- Government Relations
- HR Management Systems
Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Department at HCT’s Central Services is responsible for the sustainable provision of core IT infrastructure and Application services across all HCT campuses, in order to support academic research, teaching and learning and administrative services. ITS provides reliable and sustainable technology services to the HCT system in a timely and progressive approach, maintaining its commitment to integrating state-of-art technology and the latest trends in higher education. Information Technology Services is committed to meeting the needs of all students, faculty and staff by equipping and supporting them with quality resources in Information and Technology. Information Technology Services enables HCT to fully use technology in order to develop and enrich the skills and abilities of its students, as well as support its faculty and staff.
The key responsibilities of the ITS Department include:
- IT operations and infrastructure support
- IT Applications development and quality assurance
- IT planning, coordination and Enterprise System support
Procurement and Contracts
The Procurement and Contracts Department assists with the acquisition of required goods and services in an orderly, timely and economical manner that assists other HCT departments and the colleges in achieving their mission of delivering high quality education to UAE Nationals.
The Academic and Student Services Departments at each of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) campuses adhere to and implement the Vision and Mission of the HCT.
The goals and objectives of the Student Services Department at HCT Central Services are to promote student success by supporting the colleges to:
- Create and maintain a positive and safe learning environment
- Offer equitable opportunities to access student support services at the colleges
- Enhance students’ overall educational experience to achieve their academic and personal goals
- Establish and maintain active connections with HCT alumni
- Increase employment rates of HCT graduates
The Student Services Department at HCT Central Services is also involved in the following specialty areas.
The Student Services Department supports student success by providing key services to the students at the various colleges, including:
- Career Guidance and Counselling
- Counselling services
- Extending professional support and accommodation to students with special needs
The Student Services Department supports holistic student development by ensuring that colleges create enriching experiences ‘on and off campus’ such as:
- Offering a full range of social, sporting, and recreational activities and facilities
- Providing information on financial aid within or outside the HCT for students experiencing financial hardship
- Providing health and wellness support and the availability of certified first aid staff
- Ensuring the availability of a full range of student facilities e.g. parking permits, lockers, photocopying, cash machines, cafeteria service, study area, rest areas are provided
- Ensuring that student body is adequately represented by student associations
The Student Services Department ensures that HCT colleges have active connection with Alumni through events, employment and professional development ‘on and off campus’.
Work & Graduate Placement
The Student Services Department supports the Employer Relations Office at the colleges to solicit employment and internship opportunities for students by building and maintaining professional relationship with stakeholders from the job market.
The Student Services Department supports the colleges’ recruitment efforts to promote HCT to new students through effective and creative marketing tools.
System Registrar’s Office
The HCT System Registrar’s Office is part of the Central Student Services Department and works closely with the Academic Services departments at the colleges to ensure the provision of clear and accurate information to HCT students about academic and student policies, and regulations.