Information for Applicants

Students Applying from High School

Current-year secondary school students in government and private schools must apply via their schools to the Admissions and Student Counselling Department.

All other applicants

Applicants who completed high school in previous years are required to apply directly to the admissions department of the specific HCT College where admission is being sought.


Students may transfer to or from other institutions, or between HCT colleges. Specific criteria govern these arrangements. Students seeking a transfer should contact the admissions department at the college to which they wish to transfer for more information.

More Information

For more information about admission at the Higher Colleges of Technology, please contact Academic Services at your nearest college, or visit the Admissions and Student Counselling Department website.

Required Documents

  1. Copy of a valid passport (valid visa for non- Emirati students)..
  2. Copy of nationality ID (for Emirati students)
  3. Copy of UAE identity card.
  4. Copy of birth certificate.
  5. One passport size photograph.
  6. High school certificate (An equivalent certificate is required for private schools that do not follow the UAE government curriculum).
  7. Copy of mother’s valid passport, mother’s nationality ID or mother’s identity card (for children of national mothers).
  8. Official transcripts with course description (for Transfers Students)
  9. IELTS or TOEFL, if any.

Applications Deadlines

Start Date Deadline Event
May 7th, 2017 May 31st , 2017 Receiving non-current applications (P2/P3)
May 7th, 2017 July 16th, 2017 Receiving applications for transfers (P1) A higher education student who:

  1. Was registered in a federal institution of higher education (UAEU. or ZU) in the previous semester, OR
  2. Was on a registration suspension for less than one year,


  1. Is returning to a different institution than the one previously enrolled in
March 15th, 2017 August 6th, 2017 Receiving applications from returning (re-entry) HCT students (P1) who are returning to the same institution from a registration suspension or registration withdrawal if not more than one year.
Receiving applications from College Transfers students (P1) who wish to transfer internally between HCT campuses, either as a continuing student or a returning student
July, 2017

One week after the signing ceremony.

August 7th, 2017  

Receiving Late, current school leaver applications (P1)

April 13th, 2017 August 7th, 2017  Receiving applications from 2016 National Service Students who finished high school in 2016 (P1)
July, 2017

One week after the signing ceremony.

August 10th, 2017 Receiving applications for transfers (P1) from students who:

  1. Are current school leavers, AND
  2. Accepted an offer of admission in a federal institution, AND
  3. Applied to transfer to another federal institution after the signing ceremony