Admission to and placement in all HCT credential programmes is subject to the following criteria being met:
General Admission Requirements
UAE Nationals who have completed the following requirements, as prescribed in the HCT Admission Policy and Programme Regulations, are eligible to apply for admission to the Higher Colleges of Technology:
- The General School Certificate with a minimum average of 70% and
- The Common Educational Proficiency Assessment (CEPA) with a minimum score of 150 on CEPA-English
- The General School Certificate with a minimum average of 60% and
- The Common Educational Proficiency Assessment (CEPA) with a minimum of 160 on CEPA-English
Applicants are required to submit evidence of eligibility to NAPO before being granted admission to HCT.
Programme Placement Criteria
Applied Diploma and Bachelor Programmes:
Students with one of the following pre-qualifications have met the minimum English requirements for entry into the HCT’s Applied Diploma and Bachelor programmes:
- CEPA English 180 (valid for one year);
- IELTS (valid for two years) overall band 5.0 (or equivalency as stated in LP237.1);
- CEFR/CFR band B2;
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English test score 41;
- TOEFL iBT 61, TOEFL PBT 500, TOEFL CBT 173;
- An accepted equivalence
Successful completion of UGRU at UAE University or the Academic programme-specific admission criteria
Students who have successfully completed the UGRU at UAE University or the Academic Bridge Programme at Zayed University may be accepted for direct entry to an HCT Bachelor Programme. Students with these qualifications are considered as ‘Non-current’ applicants.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- The successful completion of the Math 2 course, or its equivalent is an entry requirement for all Engineering Technology programmes; for all other Bachelor Program’s Math 2 or equivalent must be completed with a passing grade by the end of the first year of study
- Please note that, in addition to the above requirements, each BAS programme may require additional programme-specific admission criteria before an applicant is fully eligible to enrol.
The mathematics requirement for BAS Entry is CEPA 170; however students may satisfy the entry requirement by possessing one of the following equivalencies:
a. if they have passed one of the following examinations with a grade “C” or above:
- IGCSE: International General Certificate of Secondary Education (UCLES), or
- GCSE: General Certificate of Secondary Education, or
- GCS O Level: General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (International)
b. if they have completed one of the following exams or courses as specified:
- Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT), earning a 500 or greater on the Math section, or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Mathematics, earning a 5 or greater, or
- HCT Math 2 Placement Assessment Part A with 60%, or have an average of 60% from Part A and Part B, or
- Passing grade for HCT courses: MATH N070, or Math N02M, or MATH N105 or FND M020 or higher mathematics course.
Applicants who meet the general admissions requirements, but do not meet the placement criteria for Bachelor of Applied Science programmes, are enrolled into Foundations Studies programmes which will assist students to meet the entry requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Science.