Who needs to take the IELTS Academic Test?
The Academic IELTS is used to test a student’s individual academic language abilities for placement within college programs and as entry requirements to colleges and universities all over the world.
Who needs to take the IELTS General Test?
The General IELTS is used to test individual general knowledge language abilities. The IELTS GT is used by students, professionals, and others to gauge the level of general knowledge of the English language.
What does the IELTS Test Format look like?
The IELTS test is made up of four separate components. The IELTS test is given in four separate sub-tests on the same day. The four IELTS language components included are: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
How long is each IELTS exam component last?
- Listening: 4 sections-40 Items-30 minutes- (May only listen once. Time is given at the end of the exam to review and write answers)
- Reading: 3 sections-40 Items-60 minutes- (Time is given at the end of the exam to review and write answers)
- Writing: 2 tasks-Task 1 (150 words) Task 2 (250 words) -60 minutes-Students do not have a choice of topics.
- Speaking: 3 parts-(introduction -one-to-one Individual interview-two-way discussion with IELTS Official Examiner-11to 14 minutes.
- Book Your Tests
- Visit CERT IELTS
- HCT Approved English Language Test Centres
- How can HCT assist in developing your IELTS test taking skills?
- More IELTS Test Centres