The Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)-Dubai Women’s College (DWC) was founded in 1989, when it began with only 145 students taking classes in a converted Dubai car showroom.
The first batch of enterprising young ladies led the way for women in the UAE, not only by getting an education, but by making pioneering steps to join the predominantly male workforce after graduating.
Today, 26 years later, DWC has a state-of-the-art campus spread over 350,000m2 of cultivated land, with 3,065 students enrolled, and offers Bachelor’s degrees in six academic programmes – Applied Communications, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science and Health Sciences.
DWC students are inspired and encouraged to attain high standards in the academic field, as well as in the community. We are proud of our students who have been recognized, over the years through competitions and awards, for their high level of achievement. Some of their more recent successes include:
- 1st place at Gulf Traffic Awards 2014
- 2nd place in the Global Management Challenge – UAE 2014
- 2nd place at Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development National Day Competition 2014
- Abu Dhabi Industry Awards 2013, 2014
- Best m-Government Award for University students 2014