HCT has identified emergency management and preparedness procedures within the EHS management system. The below procedure, HCT/EHS/SP-006, ensures that:
- All employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities assigned within this procedure.
- All members of the emergency response team have received suitable certified training to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Spill control facilities are provided at storage areas for hazardous substances.
- Fire extinguishers and other emergency equipment are provided, inspected, serviced regularly and fit for their intended purpose.
- Testing of alarm devices are done bi-monthly.
- The emergency and evacuation procedures are communicated with all employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
Download Emergency Management Procedure [HCT/EHS/SP-006]
As per HCT/EHS/SP-006, when a person becomes aware of an emergency (or potential emergency), the following steps shall be taken:
- Immediately contact the immediate supervisor or Health and Safety Specialist, Security or your Supervisor to convey details of the incident and/or declare an emergency situation.
- Provide assistance to injured personnel only when trained and if it safe for to do so. DO NOT attempt to move injured personnel unless their life is further threatened by site conditions.
- Meet with the Incident Investigation Team at an agreed location, to provide details which may be of assistance in response to the emergency.