HCT has identified emergency management and preparedness procedures within the EHS management system. The below procedure, HCT/EHS/SP-006, ensures that:
- All employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities assigned within this procedure.
- All members of the emergency response team have received suitable certified training to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Spill control facilities are provided at storage areas for hazardous substances.
- Fire extinguishers and other emergency equipment are provided, inspected, serviced regularly and fit for their intended purpose.
- Testing of alarm devices are done bi-monthly.
- The emergency and evacuation procedures are communicated with all employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
As per HCT/EHS/SP-006, when a person becomes aware of an emergency (or potential emergency), the following steps shall be taken:
- Employees Roles During Emergencies:-
- Works in a safe manner and report any unsafe act and condition.
- Report any emergency to the emergency response team.
- Activate the alarm (as required).
- Report any disturbance to normal working hours to emergency management team