a knowledge-base that contains a diverse and rich variety of program and curriculum assessment information that include articles, presentations, reports, and useful websites.
- North Carolina State University Assessment Website: One of the best Assessment websites that has it all from classroom assessment to assessment for Strategic Planning.
- Minnesota State University Center for Students Academic Success: The Center for Academic Success is the primary comprehensive academic support resource for students. It provides academic support programs to assist students with their development as confident, independent and active learners in accordance with the stated mission and goals of Minnesota State University Mankathttp://www.mnsu.edu/supersite/academics/success/services/studyskills.html
- University of Massachusetts
A well-known and widely used reference for Program Quality Review and Assessment
- New York Institute of Technology
Good Collection of assessment workshops with handouts and presentations and links to other online resources.
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
The mission of the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) is to discover and disseminate ways that academic programs and institutions can productively use assessment data internally to inform and strengthen undergraduate education, and externally to communicate with policy makers, families and other stakeholders.
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education
AALHE and its website constitute a wide range of resources for all who are interested in the improvement of learning, from assessment directors who organize and manage programs, to faculty and Student Affairs professionals who use assessment strategies to understand their students’ learning, to graduate students and others who conduct research on the effectiveness of assessment processes and instruments, to institutional researchers who develop effective learning data systems.
- Authentic Assessment site
In the Traditional Assessment model, the curriculum drives assessment. “The” body of knowledge is determined first. That knowledge becomes the curriculum that is delivered. Subsequently, the assessments are developed and administered to determine if acquisition of the curriculum occurred.In Authentic Assessment, assessment drives the curriculum. That is, teachers first determine the tasks that students will perform to demonstrate their mastery, and then a curriculum is developed that will enable students to perform those tasks well, which would include the acquisition of essential knowledge and skills. This has been referred to as planning backwards.
- University of Technology Sydney, Assessment Site
A focused and practical introduction to different kinds of assessment. It includes an informative discussion and specific examples for each kind of assessment.
- Guide to writing learning outcomes aligned to QFEmirates
- QF Handbook
- ADEC Procedural Manual
Criteria and Procedures for New Program Authorization:
- Principles that would be used to authorize new programs
- ADEC’s approach to authorization of new programs
- Requirements a new program proposal must meet in order to obtain ADEC’s “NO Objection” Letter.
- NQF’s Workshop
Developing Program and Course Learning Outcomes in Alignment with QFEmirates:
- Requirements in relation to NQF
- Principles underpinning the development of sound learning outcomes for programs and courses
- Alignment process of outcomes with NQF Level descriptors and the evidence needed to demonstrate alignment