Prepare graduates to be successful as technicians and engineers embracing innovation and discovery and striving for life-long learning and professional development in the field of Mechatronics Engineering Technology.
The Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering Technology program provides an excellent broad education with a focused area of specializations options to cater for the global UAE industry. Mechatronics engineering technology graduates are trained to support design, development, and maintenance of mechatronics systems, develop effective solutions of industrial needs, and manufacture and maintain state of the art automated systems. HCT Mechatronics engineers are trained to use state of the art software and hardware to rapidly prototype and test potential product design, computerized testing and measurements, and computer control of machinery. The Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering Technology curriculum produces high-quality engineers known for productivity, timeliness, dedication, and competence in the workplace. Graduates have the ability to work logically, accurately and efficiently; to gather and use information effectively; and to continue enhancing their careers through lifelong learning. The program stresses the effective use of technology, information resources and engineering tools. The program instills leadership qualities based on moral and ethical principles coupled with sound and rational judgment. Finally, the program is designed to prepare interested students for graduate studies in mechatronics engineering and other areas of professional practice.
Students will have the option to graduate with a Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering Technology upon the successful completion of 81 credits inclusive of the 8 week Work Placement.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering Technology program are to:
- Provide Mechatronics engineering professionals with the technical knowledge and skills required by the industry to develop, design, and maintain mechatronics systems to highest level of industry standards.
- Prepare graduates for a successful career as effective decision makers with strong communication and teamwork skills and an understanding of the global, ethical and social implications of the industry and Mechatronics Engineering profession.
- Provide graduates with strong commitment to lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional growth.
- Provide graduates with leadership qualities and commitment to contribute actively to achieving the Abu Dhabi Vision 2030.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, a HCT graduate in Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering Technology should demonstrate:
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mechatronics engineering to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to mechatronics engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined mechatronics engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined mechatronics engineering technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Students seeking the Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering Technology degree must successfully complete the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of 146 credits, as follows:
- A minimum 92 credits of major requirements as follows:
- a minimum of 80 core courses including Work Placement for 16 weeks
- a minimum of 12 credits of major electives
- A minimum of 21 credits of Math and science requirements
- A minimum of 33 credits in General Studies requirements according to the General Studies breakdown and as advised in the study plan of the program.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.00.